Resetting the TV wipes out all the data from the TV, and provides the preset factory settings back.
There can be numerous reasons for resetting the TV which include fixing the software glitches, reverting the changes, and wiping out your own data for sale.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through different resetting procedures, and when you should do a specific type of reset on the Onn TV.
There are two types of resets that you can perform on a TV. The first one is the soft reset, and the other one is the hard reset.
In soft reset, all the cache is cleared from the TV, while your data is retained. On the other hand, incase of the hard reset, not only cache is cleared from the TV, but also the data is cleared from the TV.
When you are having a certain type of problem with the TV, firstly, you need to perform the soft reset, and then the hard reset afterwards.
If your problem is resolved by soft reset, then you do not need to do the hard reset, case, if the soft reset did not resolve the issue for you, then you can perform the hard reset.
Soft reset or rebooting is a type of reset in which the cache on the TV is cleared, so, if there is any sort of problem with the TV due to cache, it can be cleared.
Below, we have provided straightforward steps for performing a soft reset:
- First of all, you need to disconnect the TV from the power socket.
- Afterward, you need to remove all the connections from your TV.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds before replugging the connections back to the TV.
- When finally the TV turns on, it will be soft reset.
Unlike the soft reset, performing a hard reset on the TV resets all the data, and settings. So, before you move forward into the procedure of hard reset, you need to be aware that all of your data will be data.
Hence, you need to save the data that you want to use in the future, additionally, you can also make a copy of the settings which you can use after performing the reset to quickly set up the Onn TV.
Summing it up, before you move forward to reset the TV, keep in mind that it can delete data, so, save your data and settings, and then move forward.
Hard resettings the Onn TV would delete all the data, and return factory settings. It is perfect for resolving plenty of different nature issues including apps not working, firmware crashing, etc.
Here are the steps for resetting the Onn TV:
- Take your Onn TV remote, and open the “Menu”.
- Afterwards, go to the “Settings”.
- Scroll down, and click on the “System”.
- Click on the “Advanced System Settings”.
- Select “Factory Reset”.
- Finally, click on “Factory Reset Everything”.
- Now, you will be asked to enter your PIN, enter the 4-digit PIN and you are good to go.
When the TV turns on, it will be on the setup wizard, which means you need to enter the WIFI credentials, install the applications, and do all of the settings once again.
In our experience, you can also experience issues while performing the reset on the Onn TV. Below, we have provided you with a complete list of issues and their solutions that you can use to bypass the issues.
In case the firmware of the Onn TV is buggy, you can have a hard time accessing the reset feature through settings. In such a case, you need to try the reset via the physical keys on the TV.
Here are the Steps for Resetting Onn TV Without Remote:
- Turn on the TV, and wait for at least 30 seconds before proceeding further.
- Now, locate the “Reset” button, present on the side of the TV.
- Take a small pin, and keep the reset button pressed for about 20 seconds, your TV will restart numerous times during this process.
- Finally, when your TV would turn on,
Sometimes, your Onn TV can ask you for a PIN. In case you do not know the PIN, you can enter the default PINs, which are “0000” or “1234”.
If you do not remember the PIN, you can use the physical button method for resetting the TV, which does not require any personal identification number.
Having a black screen is another common issue that you can face on Onn TVs. When you have a black screen, you can have a hard time resetting the TV. The good news here is that there is an alternative way of resetting the Onn TV.
You can reset the Onn TV by using the physical keys of the TV. The procedure for resetting Onn TV using the physical keys is super straightforward. Above, we have provided you with complete details regarding resetting the TV using the physical keys.
Finally, when you are done performing the reset procedure, you need to set up the TV for usage once again.
Here are the Setup Configuration Steps:
- Select your language.
- In the second step, it will ask you to select your region.
- Afterwards, you need to enter your WIFI details.
- Active your ROKU account using your laptop/PC.
- Now, finally, your TV will be ready to use.
You have to download all the apps again on your Onn TV, as the previous data is being deleted in the reset process.